Family Homes in Thessaloniki
Project under construction.
On land with views to the sea and the city of Thessaloniki, with natural differences in elevation, the two houses were designed in a way that provides a sense of privacy and unobstructed panoramic view.
The architectural design followed a bioclimatic approach. The south orientation, the geometry of the building and the location of the windows result in achieving an ideal natural lighting, ventilation and thermal comfort, while the arrangement of spaces emphasizes in functionality. The external surfaces make use of modern materials such as wood, glass, marble and concrete, in harmony with the surrounding environment..
The energy design aimed primarily at economic efficiency and high performance. Sunspaces are used to minimize heat loss, heat pumps are installed for cooling and heating. Energy-efficient fireplaces and energy-efficient windows with thermal barrier are also part of the energy design.
The houses are located in the area of "Elaiones". This is an area with lots of green, overlooking the city and the sea. Access is easy, both by car and by public transportation, through Thessaloniki’s ring road and the main road of Thessaloniki - Panorama. The village of Panorama is located nearby, with its full range of shops and services.
- Three-level house with basement and private garden space of 1,6 stremmata (0,4 acre) with pool.
- First level with living room, kitchen, dining room and energy-efficient fireplace. The design of this level gives the interior and exterior spaces a unique feel. The sunspace, which is located in the south view and houses the dining room, offers plenty of light, while at the same time allowing for ventilation of the house in the summer and passive heating in the winter. The wooden terrace in L shape is an extension of the living room and dining room into the garden and pool area, enabling the integration of external and internal spaces.
- Second level with 3 bedrooms. The two master bedrooms have en suite bathroom and large windows with sea and city view. The ceiling has skylights that provide natural light.
- Basement with bedroom, storage room and parking space. The bedroom has en suite bathroom and an outdoor staircase leading to the private garden.
- Choice of a wide variety of flooring materials and custom design of kitchen and closets.