Summer residence in Meganisi
Οn a seaside plot of 4.500 m², 2 two-storey houses are situated in a way that provides a sense of privacy, panoramic sea views and private access to it.
The same philosophy has been followed in the architectural design of the vilas, each of which has an independent access and 2.000 m² (0.5 acre) of private garden space with pool. Both external and internal surfaces make use of natural materials such as wood and local stone. The energy efficiency design includes heat pumps for cooling and heating, a modern, efficient and economical solution. The energy efficient windows have a thermal barrier that minimizes losses and ensures energy savings. Each house has private outside parking spaces.
The houses are located in the island of Meganisi, one of the most attractive islands near Lefkada. Lying just to the east of Lefkada, south of the private island of Skorpios, off Greece’s Ionian coast and served by frequent ferries from Nidri, the port and lively capital of Lefkada. Meganisi an unspoiled Ionian paradise with three traditional villages whose residents live from farming and fishing. Crystal-clear waters, magical scenery and an unhurried pace of life set Meganisi apart from the more touristed Greek islands.
- Three-level house with basement and private garden space with pool.
- First level of 130 m² with living room, kitchen, dining room, bedroom and bathroom. The design of this level gives to the interior and exterior spaces a unique feel. The sunspace that is created heats passively the house in the winter and functions as an extension of the living room. The large wooden terrace provides access to the private garden and pool, as well as unobstructed views to the sea and the nearby islands.
- Second level of 85 m² with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 en suite), large windows with sea view and additional natural lighting with skylights.
- Basement of 103 m² with 2 bathrooms, natural lighting and an outdoor staircase leading to the garden. The basement offers the possibility of designing additional rooms, guest room and storage areas.
- Heat pumps (cooling - heating)
- External walls with stone, concrete, wood and wooden blinds for shade.